Dr. Wenham established his practice of Gastroenterology in Colorado Springs in 1980. Dr. Van Os joined him in 1996 and Associates in Gastroenterology has since added several physicians through the present time.
Currently, we have physicians, nurse practitoners and physician assistants all trained in gastroenterology and hepatology.
We strive to be a physician practice dedicated to state-of-the-art care for patients with gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
We perform most endoscopic procedures including colonoscopy, upper endoscopy (EGD), biliary endoscopy/ERCP, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), and are skilled in the therapeutic maneuvers associated with each.
We treat gastrointestinal and liver disease including inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, gastrointestinal malignancy including colon cancer, esophageal disease, viral hepatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and GERD, to name just a few.
Please call us at (719) 635-7321 or have your primary care physician arrange for a referral if you would like to be seen by one of our providers.
Mission and Philosophy of the Practice
We strive to be a physician practice dedicated to state-of-the-art care for patients with gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Our goals:
- To provide quality medical care for each patient
- To have more understanding of our patients’ needs, and to make each visit a positive experience by giving them support and focusing on them as individuals
- To educate patients on the importance of preventive medicine. By doing so, we promote healthy lifestyles for our patients
- To recognize that health care is a team effort, and we seek to promote the role of each team member’s talents and contributions in the care of our patients
If we are meeting these goals with you as a patient, we appreciate the opportunity to care for you. If we are not meeting these goals with you, please let us know (719-635-7321) and we will strive to improve the quality of our delivery of care.
Insurances we accept:
- Blue Cross-Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Great West
- United Healthcare
- Secure Horizons
- United Military
- Tricare for Life
There are other commercial insurance carriers than listed above. Please call the number on the back of your insurance card if it is not listed to confirm whether you can be seen by our physicians.
Our physicians practice solely at Penrose and St. Francis Hospitals, here in Colorado Springs. Please keep our office informed of all updated insurance information.
For any questions regarding billing or insurance concerns, please contact our office at (719) 635-7321.